I would like to share with you all a very special feature of Heartfulness Meditation.
Before every meditation, we need our entire system to be relaxed. For that, we need to be relaxed fully. How do we do it? We take the help of Mother Earth; we sit comfortably in a chair or in asanas on the floor.
Imagine that the energy of Mother Earth is entering through your feet and is helping you relax your toes and feet…
- Slowly allow this energy to move upward through your ankles and lower legs.
- While it is moving upward, try to feel how the cells, the muscles, the bones it covers are relaxing.
- The calf muscles are relaxed.
- Let this energy flow upwards to your knees, let it imbue that.
- Let that energy move into your thigh muscles. Feel the lightness in relaxation.
- The areas touching the chair or the ground including your back, think that they are getting relaxed.
- Observe how this energy moving in the abdominal area and chest area is helping us relax.
- Let the energy move into your shoulders, see how they are melting away, becoming lighter.
- Let this energy move to your biceps and elbows, forearms, your wrists, your palms and fingers, thumbs – all getting relaxed.
- Imagine the body between your shoulders and toes is completely relaxed.
- Feel this relaxation in your neck muscles, your facial muscles, forehead, and your earlobes.
- See how gently and softly your eyes are closed. Crown of your head – all getting relaxed.
- From the crown of your head, top of the head, till your toes, top to toe.
Feel this complete relaxation.
Having done this, gently bring your attention towards the heart and incorporate this practice of meditation on the heart. That there is divine light present in the heart and I am meditating on it, the energy that is pulling me inward, within my heart. And we have to meditate 20 minutes or 30 minutes, whatever you can, whatever time you have available, you can do it. And you will definitely feel it, in 20 minutes or 30 minutes when it ends on its own. That’s all. This is all about relaxation and meditation.
When we give these commands to ourselves, it gives us such a tremendous impact of lightness and relaxation. The same feelings we can create in others by sharing these commands with them. You can give these commands and you see it for yourself that when even a small child when he reads out in a proper order with proper pauses, the child also is able to make others relax. And especially, when we are in the bed and adopt this method, then it helps us sleep faster actually and our sleep will also be a deep level of sleep that we will be able to enjoy after this relaxation.
Try and enjoy.