Been experimenting with Honey for hair and skin care this the past week.
1. Moisturizing Mask
Honey moisture from the air into the skin and ensures it’s retained it in the layers where it’s needed most for penetrating, long-lasting hydration. The Beewax Balm in our store works wonders – it has a full 5% honey and works really amazing on both oily and dry skin.
Try it: Spread one teaspoon raw honey on clean, dry skin, and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Optionally apply a small amount of the balm and rub in.
2. Pore Cleanser
The enzymes in honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean. Plus, the antibacterial properties of honey and coconut oil also prevent bacterial buildup that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts. The Beewax Balm contains beeswax, honey, coconut oil and a few other ingredients. It’s ideal to ensure your skin remains beautiful and pure.
Try it: Few drops of honey with a few drops of coconut oil – apply to clean, dry skin, and massage. No need to avoid the eyes – it just feels a little ‘heavy’ if it gets in the eyes – but it’s so delicate and amazing it never actually hurts. Simply rinse with warm water once done.
3. Gentle Exfoliation
Honey contains antioxidants, enzymes, and other nutrients that nourish, cleanse, and hydrate skin. Baking soda is a gentle natural exfoliator. The combination of Honey and Baking soda removes dead skin cells, allowing new cells to emerge for a radiant complexion.
4. Hair ConditionerThe enzymes and nutrients in raw honey give dull hair shine without weighing it down. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft to condition and smooth the cuticle and give your strands the luster you crave.
Other awesome benefits: Honey + Beeswax + Coconut oil combo:
- Heals scars
- Regenerates damaged skin and makes it good as new!
- Heals the hair and repairs damaged hair folicles (not dead ones) – so it can PREVENT balding (but not cure it)
- Honey is a good antibacterial and can remove acne permanently
- Bath soak – honey + warm water feels so sublime on the skin!