Beauty products – everything from shampoo to makeup to cologne – can also cause badly irritated skin or even an allergic reaction! A study in 2010 found that more than a third of people had at least one allergic reaction to cosmetic ingredients. Today I want to have a look at what problems can come from regular application of make up and how to reduce or eliminate that.
Problems can range from simple rashes to full-blown allergic reactions. Symptoms can start right after you use something new – or sometimes even after years of using a product with no problems. 
There are two types of skin reactions to beauty products. One, called irritant contact dermatitis, happens when something actually damages your skin. Your skin might burn, sting, itch, or get red right where you used the product. You might get blisters and have oozing, especially if you scratch.
Although the modern approach of taking pills for every little thing can work – I prefer the Ayurvedic approach for this kind of thing. 
In ayurveda there are two categories of allergen reactions. One is the type that a person is born with, caused by genetic predisposition. It can be a reaction to certain foods or to certain allergens in the environment such as dust and pet dander.
This type of reaction is caused by Asaatmya influences, which means unsuitable influences. The same influences are fine for other people, but for this person, a specific food such as peanuts, wheat or corn causes a reaction.
Sometimes it’s easy to avoid that one food that you are highly sensitive to, such as strawberries. But if many different foods create a reaction, then this becomes a problem. Also, the problem might be associated with a chronic condition such as asthma that never goes away and is even life-threatening.
Causes of skin allergies:
Food allergens, pollens, dust and smoke, detergents and soap products, various drugs and change in temperature are some of the common factors that cause skin allergies. Modern cosmetics tend to contain a number of compounds so it’s often difficult to nail a single factor if you experience allergic reactions after applying cosmetics.
If you are also suffering from skin allergies, then there is no need to worry as you can easily treat with the various home remedies. The idea of this is to allow you to continue using cosmetics that you like, while alleviating the allergies.
Home remedies for skin allergies:
- Apply mashed leaves of almond or neem to the allergic area.
- Reduce consumption of alcohol and quit smoking. Reduce use of cosmetic products; stop for a week or so and let the skin heal back.
- Use the Detox Recipies we have on Wellness Tree
- Applying a mixture of coconut oil, lemon juice and honey also cures skin allergies.
- A syrup made up of sieved garden mint and water when taken two times a day also helps you to get rid of the various skin allergies in a quite efficient manner.
- Increase the amount of Vitamin C in your daily diet as Vitamin C efficiently fights allergies and is also considered to be the best home remedies for treating skin allergies.
- Make a paste of lime juice and sandalwood and apply it on the affected area. This is one of the best home remedies for skin allergies as it helps reducing itching of the skin as well as cures skin allergies.
- Apply mashed seeds of papaya to reduce itching caused due to the skin allergy (it won’t remove the allergic reaction; it’ll just make it itch less)
Hope this helps you, lovely ladies! Just remember it’s not how you look on the outside; but what’s inside that really counts i.e. the body’s immune system 🙂